The CIS Technician (Helpdesk & Support) reports to the CIS Officer (IT). As part of the CIS Unit, s/he will contribute to the efficient and effective running of the Unit tasks and the Mission Support Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The CIS Technician (Helpdesk & Support) will be required, in accordance with the EUAM Mandate, Code of Conduct and the General Service Conditions for Locally Contracted Staff Employed by EUAM Ukraine, Serving in Ukraine, to perform the following tasks:
- Assist in the configuration, operation, technical management and maintenance of all CIS hardware and software;
- Assist in the installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of all CIS software, systems and devices;
- Assist in the implementation of back up policies, safe storage of critical data;
- Assist in analysing, identifying and resolving user problems;
- Ensure a prompt delivery of technical services, help desk support, standardization, preparation and maintenance of applications, diagnosing and resolving reported technical issues;
- Provide support for all CIS related issues, organise repair and replacement of CIS related devices/equipment, ensure the proper functioning of all CIS equipment in his/her area of responsibility;
- Contribute to the support and training for users of various applications/software;
- Assist in the preparation of requisitions for required materials and services within the Mission;
- Monitor the implementation of the guidelines and procedures for CIS support;
- Provide reports of executed tasks and status of CIS support to his/her supervisors and give recommendations where needed;
- Provide telephone, on-line and on-site assistance with problems relating to the use of CIS equipment and software (e.g. e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, database applications, Internet browsers, workstation operating systems, radios, telephones etc.);
- Configure and install new hosts (e.g. computers, servers, network devices etc.) and hardware (e.g. printers, scanners etc.) in the LAN environment and prepare them for use with server based network services, in accordance with CIS standards and SOPs;
- Ensure that the Mission’s CIS assets are used optimally and efficiently and make recommendations as required;
- Deal with information with confidentiality and discretion;
- Perform any other task as requested by his/her Line Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Enjoy full civil rights and do not have criminal record;
- Be in possession of Ukrainian citizenship and/or of a (still) valid residence and work permits according to Ukrainian laws;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- Successful completion of Post-Secondary studies attested by a diploma in CIS studies or a closely related field;
- After having obtained the diploma, at least three (3) years of proven full time relevant professional experience in Information and Communication Technology in the private and/or public sector.
- Be physically fit to perform the duties relating to the post;
- Excellent communication skills of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).
- Ability to focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate procedures and processes;
- Ability to deliver work on time and to agreed standards, even under pressure.
Additional advantageous assets:
- Knowledge and/or experience with radio and telephone systems;
- Professional experience in an EU and/or International environment;
- Experience of working in an intercultural environment, with respect of diversity;
- Relevant Microsoft and open source certifications.
- Have strong sense of initiative, responsibility and autonomy;
- Ability to build productive and cooperative working relationships with other staff members,
- Ability to work methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
- Used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously with colleagues and as part of a team, with respect to diversity;
- Punctuality, commitment to quality, ability to perform under stress, attention to detail, solid work ethics, willingness to work flexible working hours and still deal helpfully and courteously with all contacts.