SOS Children's Villages International is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children's Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation, we work in the field of alternative child care and prevention of separation of children from their families. The organisation also advocates for children's rights.
For the SOS Children's Villages Ukraine we are looking for a committed
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
The National Director leads, manages and develops the National Association (NA) as its chief executive, ensuring effective delivery of programmes and services to children and young people, families and communities within the frame of the international SOS Children's Villages organisation's vision, mission, values and strategy. Through seeking governmental subsidies and funding, international/national grants as well as through fundraising he/she maximises the financial self-sufficiency of the National Association (and the ability to financially support other National Associations) according to the potential in the country.
- Lead the strategic planning processes to ensure sustainability and relevance of the National Association's work
- Ensure the operational effectiveness of all programmes and guarantee child-care quality according to the organisation's defined standards
- Ensure the effective and sustainable management of the National Association's financial and other resources
- Build the human capacity of the National Association to ensure long-term growth and stability
- Ensure strong local rooting by promoting the association's local integration and by building recognition at all levels in the country. Strengthen the affiliation to the international Federation by participation in and contributing to international processes
- Promote and manage an appropriate image of the organisation both internally and externally, using SOS Children's Villages values and standards as the basis for shaping the brand
- Ensure the implementation of agreed SOS Children's Villages International standards
- University degree in business administration, education, social science discipline or similar
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience at a senior management/executive level in a larger or complex organisation
- Prior experience in one or more of the following functional areas: fundraising, marketing, human resources, finance/budgeting, social services provision, community development, education
- Experienced in strategy development, change management, driving innovation
- English language fluency in addition to the national language
- Understanding and usage of ICT and virtual collaboration in daily business
- Readiness to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Experience in child welfare sector and/or humanitarian work is desirable.
- Versatile and challenging assignment in an international working environment
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading international NGO
- Opportunities for further training and development
- A committed and innovative team and management culture
- Possibility to make contribution towards the development of NAs in the region
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter by 10 February 2019 at the latest with the subject line "National Director".
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.