About the project NORLAU is a Norwegian Rule of Law Advisory Team to Ukraine since 2018 operating under the supervision of the Directorate of Norwegian Correctional Service (KDI). An agreement is signed between the Ministry of Justice in Ukraine and Ministry of Justice and Security in the Kingdom of Norway on cooperation to support the implementation of a Full-Scale Probation Service in Ukraine. The principle aim is to support the development an effective and professional probation organisation and support the implementation of community sanctions and measures. The central office is located in Kyiv and with two pilot projects in Kharkiv and Bila Tserkva. An application for extending NORLAU project from 2020- 2022 is submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway. KDI expect to receive feedback on it by early December 2019. On the condition that we receives funding to continue NORLAU project activities, NORLAU is looking for an PROBATION EXPERT who will be part of the NORLAU team based in the central office in Kyiv.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing the team with knowledge of reforms in the field of criminal justice.
• Assist in giving proposals and advice to Ukrainian authorities in the field of probation.
• Arrange and participate in training activities, seminars and conferences.
• Design work plans for the implementation of the project.
• Assist in the preparation of strategic documents, training manuals, monitoring reports and project reports.
• Ensure that all activities are implemented in a professional way and a timely manner.
• Some domestic and international travel will be required.
• University Degree in Law or equivalent degree in relevant subject.
• At least 3 years of experience at a senior level in the field of Probation Service.
• Previous experience with national and international projects related to probation is an advantage.
• English – fluent in speaking, reading and writing including extensive knowledge of legal terminology.
• Ukrainian – fluent in speaking, reading and writing.
• Extensive knowledge in national and international standards and developments in the probation sector.
• Basic knowledge of international human rights standards
• Broad knowledge of key governmental and law enforcement institution of Ukraine.
Skills and abilities:
• Strong legal analytical skills as well as problem solving and planning abilities.
• Good interpersonal skills to interact effectively with NORLAU team, governmental and nongovernmental institutions and international partners.
• Good judgement and organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Flexibility and openness.
• Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, fairness and impartiality.
• Working time Full time. Monday - Friday Working hours: 09.00 – 16.30
• Type of contract: Service Contract
• Duration of contract: 31.12.2020, with possibility for further prolongation
• Foreseen start to work: 01.02.2020
• Competitive salary based on an agreement with the project management team.
All submission must include:
1. Applicant`s CV
2. Applicants letter of interest.
3. At least two reference letters with contact information.
4. Application deadline; 19th November 2019