KPMG International is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and have over 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG has been working in Ukraine since 1992, and our goal has always been to use the firm's global intellectual potential, combined with the practical experience of our Ukrainian professionals, to help leading companies to achieve their goals. In Ukraine KPMG's offices are in Kyiv and Lviv.
The Corporate Tax Group provides clients with a wide range of services, including:
- Review of the tax reporting of the Ukrainian and international businesses in respect of corporate income tax, VAT and other taxes (core and main services provided by the Group)
- Consulting on practical application of the Ukrainian tax laws, accounting and financial reporting standards, both Ukrainian National Accounting Standards (UNAS) and IAS/IFRS
- Preparing official requests to the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine and to the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine on the legislatively unsettled accounting and tax treatment matters
- Preparing or amending of accounting policies, internal orders and other source documents, effective structuring of the document flow confirming accounting and tax records and declarations figures
- Tax support of UNAS=>IFRS transition
- Deferred taxes (calculation, verification, methodological consulting and trainings), etc.
Based on your experience and knowledge, you will focus on the following tasks:
- Plan, execute and complete tax reviews and tax/accounting projects in a wide variety of industries and entities
- Manage and monitor client services teams on client engagements. To be wholly responsible for quality of client deliverables and work done
- Develop and maintain active communication with clients, assist Manager to ensure client satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively
- Provide innovative accounting and tax consulting and compliance expertise to clients
- Initiate new services and product offerings for clients and substantially participate in the marketing and client-oriented activities of the Group
- Prepare and deliver presentations for existing and potential clients, participate in other tax department marketing events
- Manage, develop, train, and coach junior staff
- Preparing tax deliverables
- Participating in the client meetings and conference calls
- Based on the experience that you will have acquired, you will gradually take a more responsibility on the client engagements, including establishing and maintaining relations with the clients
- 3 years or more of relevant experience with “Big 4” firms, Ukrainian leading audit firms or as accounting or tax official within reputable industry entities
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of/in the Tax Code of Ukraine and Ukraine National Accounting Standards.
- Strong project management skills - ability to organize and lead team work and provide excellent quality deliverables within strict deadlines
- Fluent Ukrainian and Russian (spoken and written), good command of English (Intermediate +)
- Independent decision making and full responsibility for decisions taken
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Audit or Taxation
Would be a plus:
- IFRS and international taxation knowledge
- Relevant Ukrainian or international qualification (e.g., ACCA, DipIFR, CAP-CIPA, Audit Chamber of Ukraine certificate, etc.)
What we offer:
- Dynamic international environment, with a great team of dedicated professionals and innovation leaders within one of the most world-known names in Tax
- Challenging assignments and transparent path of career and professional growth
- Fair compensation and social package
- International assignment opportunities